Tuesday 21 June 2011

Birthdays!!

Tomorrow is a very special day. Not only is it my last exam, but it is a good friend of mine's Birthday.

Let me tell you about my friend, (i will name him John for the purpose of the blog)

John is a lovely bilingual, south american/English, short, bald friend of mine who was an orphan in south america. John was adopted with his sister to a married english couple when he was 6. John had quite a troubled childhood and 20's but throughout his life he has acknowledged that there is a God, but maybe not always following him. Anyway, he was living in the allotments near my house for quite a while and attended our local YMCA weekly. The Boy's mum plays the piano for the YMCA and she felt it was on her Heart from God to give a room in her house for John to live in. So John moved in with my boy.

When the Boy told me about John i was immediately hesitant about a homeless man living with my boy and has visions of him stealing things. This reaction is one that i am ashamed of. When i finally met John i realised that this man had a beautiful heart, (not only for God but for humans and animals and all creation.) He was a talented man, a hard worker, a family man and a loving man. John will be a Man i respect and will remember for the rest of my life.

This experience has taught me so much about Judging people. I pray that God will take my need to judge away from me and from the rest of the world so that people like John can treasure their Birthdays every year, knowing the Father's love through us.












love...
xxxxxxxxxx

(p.s. Thought you might wanna see my AWFUL  birthday cake i made John!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment